Stg. Online Bible Europe sometimes get a question how to install a dvd when the netbook or laptop has no dvd drive. Also we are asked how to install the software on a usb stick rather than a hard drive.
There are various options how to do this:
- You can copy the entire DVD to a USB stick (minimum free space 4 GB) on a different computer, and then use the USB stick to install the program on your own laptop/netbook. Ensure you copy the dvd to the root directory of the USB stick, and not in a separate directory. Note: this installation can take some time depending on the speed of the USB stick.
- Connect an external DVD drive to the netbook/laptop via a USB connection. This is the preferred option. An external DVD drive can be purchased for around € 30. You can then install the OLB in the standard way, and you also have the external DVD drive for other purposes.
- Copy all files from the dvd to an external hard drive on a different computer with a DVD player. Then install the OLB from this external hard drive on your own laptop/ netbook . Start the OLB installation by going in the Explorer to starting setup.exe.
- Connect the netbook/laptop via a network connection to a PC which has a dvd player. Ensure that the DVD drive is shared and set it up as a permanent connection on the netbook/laptop.
- Install the entire program on a USB stick (min 4 Gb), so not just copy the data. Then you can run the program on any computer/laptop/netbook which has a USB port. The difference with option 2 is that the entire program runs from the USB. This will save disk space on your laptop/netbook.
When using a USB stick there are therefore two solutions:
- Install the program on your computer's drive from a USB (solution 1 above)
- Install the program on a USB drive, so that the Online Bible can be run from any computer with the USB drive (solution 5 above).